Can I move if I am on probation in Florida?

If someone is on probation, they are absolutely allowed to relocate. Now the specifics of that relocation do require some coordination between the court and the probation system, but that absolutely is a possibility. Typically, what will happen is an officer or a judge can order that probation be permitted to be transferred to another jurisdiction, whether that’s in state or out of state. But there are certain ways that that can be accomplished, it’s simply a function of taking the right steps to get there.

Dale Carson Law is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals.


The Blackstone Building 233 East Bay Street, Suite 1101 Jacksonville, Florida 32202



(904)355-6738 fax

Business Hours

Available 24/7