If I already plead guilty to a crime I am accused of, can I withdraw the plea?

We represent many folks who have already entered pleas on criminal cases, even if they plead guilty. In the State of Florida, someone has 30 days from the time that a plea is entered to file a motion to withdraw plea, if there is a legal basis to do so. We are always assuming that the time allows for us to review the plea in order to determine whether it makes sense to actually file a motion to withdraw the plea. But yes, absolutely, someone can withdraw a plea even if they plead guilty so long as the legal standard is met.

Dale Carson Law is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals.


The Blackstone Building 233 East Bay Street, Suite 1101 Jacksonville, Florida 32202



(904)355-6738 fax

Business Hours

Available 24/7