While we all try to discourage drinking and driving, there are still situations that arise every day where someone above the acceptable BAC level gets behind the wheel. Here are some astonishing facts from DUI attorneys about drinking and driving. We share these in hopes it helps someone think twice before getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. But, if you or someone you love is found in this situation, we can help.
DUI Attorneys Share the Facts
- Alcohol is the first choice over all other drugs.
- One-third of all car accidents involving teenagers are alcohol-related.
- Eight teens die every day in DUI crashes.
- Although licensed teens make up only 6% of the licensed population, they make up one-fifth of all alcohol-related crashes.
- Of all fatalities in car crashes, alcohol is involved in about 40% of them.
- Females are half as likely to drive under the influence as males.
- The highest average BAC occurs on Saturdays, where BACtrack Smartphone Breathalyzer users average 0.113%. The lowest is on Tuesdays at 0.018%.
- 50% of drivers killed in car crashes at night had blood alcohol content (BAC) levels over the legal limit (0.08%). Now, compare that with 15% of drivers killed during other hours!
Sources: BACtrack, BACtrack Consumption Report
Don’t Drink and Drive, Please!
While these facts are frightening, the nice thing is driving while intoxicated is 100% avoidable. So, AVOID DRINKING AND DRIVING. Don’t let your friends and family do it. Call each other for rides, call Uber, take a bus, etc. There’s always another option. But, if you do run into the unfortunate situation and need a DUI attorney then we can help. We have expertise in handling DUI cases to minimize or eliminate jail time. We want to help you in any way possible. Call us anytime, 24/7, for a free consultation. Let us be here for you.